Save The Batcave
How to play
You drive the Batmobile using the arrow keys on the keyboard, as in any other driving or parking game. The speed of the Batmobile and the way it overcomes the turns using keyboard is very well made, because this can often be a problem in similar games and irritates the player. When Batman finds the bomb, it is enough that he stops the car and dismantling screen will appear. There we have three sliders with movable pellets where each should be placed somewhere in-between the green lines. For deactivation the 60 second window is given, which is more than enough, and this procedure doesn't give any trouble even to the beginner players.
Time to find the bombs as well as time for deactivation is limited on every level. If you exceed that time limit you will get the 'you ran out of time' message. The vehicle is damaged every time when Batman hits the walls of his cave, and if damage goes to the maximum the vehicle will be completely destroyed and the game starts over. Because of that this game reminds the players of classic parking games. To move to the next level you have to deactivate all bombs on the previous level. The game has 8 levels in total.
- - you can't see the map or at least win some upgrade which gives the map as an option.
- - when you die, even thou you have dismantled the first bomb on that level, the game throws you back at the beginning.
- - each time you have to read the dialogue between Batman and Joker. After a while you will be only pressing enter button to skip it all and get to the beginning of the game.
- - when you deactivate the first bomb, the player thinks that the first level is over, but there are multiple bombs on each level. The player doesn't know how many, which may be very confusing. Still, it is questionable if this is the downside.
- - there is no restart button to go back to the main menu at any time. This is bad because if the player is stuck he will refresh the whole page which puts pressure on the network and server as well.
There are no upgrades but that doesn't make it any less interesting. One little downside is that you do not have map to see weather there are more bombs on that level and where is the end of the level. But still the well tuned controls are more important that that. Overall the game is well made and fun to play as most players agree.